High-Precision GNSS Field Stations
Different displacement monitoring applications require different technical approaches. This is why we have designed several GPS field stations over the past decade: to offer greater flexibility in the implementation of GPS monitoring networks.
We start with three standard field station models:
- CAN GNSS - Single-point integration of GNSS and wireless in a lightweight, hardened, portable enclosure (modular; independent power supply)
- MultiPoint GNSS - Multiple GNSS integrated through a single wireless device, enclosure and power supply; equipped for multiple, extended cable runs; power supply specified to meet system consumption and site conditions.
- Infrastructure GNSS - GNSS and antenna integrated with application and site-specific communications device (wired or wireless); designed to leverage existing power and communications; lowest cost; often used for network reference stations.
Our models are designed to be deployable as-is for immediate network service or modified to suit specific network application and environment.
Although we offer multiple independent designs, each field station integrates three core components needed to deliver a fully operational field station:
- Single and dual frequency GPS carrier phase positioning, with future-proof upgrade capability to GLONASS, Galileo and Beidou.
- Wired and/or wireless communications usually - but not exclusively - in the form of:
- 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g (Wi-Fi)
- 902-928 MHz spread spectrum
- Solar power with battery backup including solid-state charge controllers and maintenance-free, sealed, deep-cycle batteries.
Modify to Suit
Beyond these basic considerations, stations can be further modified to support:
- High rate kinematic or static GPS processing
- L5 GPS and GLONASS hardware, with a future-proof software upgrade path to Galileo and Beidou
- Communications options: Utilizing existing infrastructure; wireless or wired; Ethernet or serial; antenna transmission line (cable length/loss and antenna style/gain)
- Power supply - Solar or AC supply; tie-in to existing power infrastructure; battery and recharge capacity; charger and controllers
- Antenna transmission line - Cable length (cable runs verified to 200 m); lightning protection
- Enclosure style
Whatever the application, Orion can provide a station to meet your monitoring needs.